Whether you're renting out your former home, a buy-to-let property or you want to protect a portfolio of rental properties, having proper Landlord Insurance is hugely important.
Standard home insurance doesn't offer the full level of protection and in many cases is null and void if your property is a commercial venture as it doesn't cover public liability. Additionally, many buy-to-let mortgage providers won't lend to a landlord without comprehensive insurance.
Landlord Insurance can protect you from losses such as property damage, tenant liability, loss of rent, and legal fees.
We compare quotes from a variety of insurers to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
Why take out landlord insurance?
Landlord Insurance offers multiple benefits for the growing or established rental property owner.
- Peace of mind knowing that your property and tenants are protected
- Financial security in the event of a loss
- Access to a team of experts who can help you with claims
What does landlord insurance cover?
Landlord insurance covers a wide range of standard risks associated with owning a rental property (or properties) and the risks you need to cover will directly relate to the final cost of your insurance premium.
The most common standard risks for landlords in Northern Ireland are:
- Public liability risks up to £2 million
- Buildings insurance to cover all damage to your property
- Fixtures and fittings insurance to cover damage or loss of furniture or other essential items
- Boiler breakdown cover
- Floor coverings including wooden floors, laminates, linoleum, carpets and tiles
- Alternative accommodation for your tenants - if your property is unusable by your tenants, your Landlord Insurance can cover alternative accommodation
Additionally, you may wish to consider bolstering your level of cover with:
- Employers' liability insurance - protect your rental property business from claims made by employees or contractors
- Legal expenses - covering you in the case of legal disputes and protecting your rights as the property owner
- Malicious damage or theft by tenants
- Rent guarantee - covering you in the case of your tenant failing to pay rent to you
- Loss of rental income - covering you in the event that your property is uninhabitable and therefore not generating income
How much does landlord insurance cost in Northern Ireland?
As there is such a variety in property type and the level of cover required, there is no standard price for Landlord Insurance.
We can guarantee you however, that we will seek the best level of cover for the best possible price from a range of insurance providers based on your specific requirements - saving you the time and effort of sorting through multiple offers.
Whatever your property portfolio, whatever your budget - we'll take care of it.
Comparison sites often present low prices which have important aspects of cover removed in order to make the policy more affordable but which leave you and your business vulnerable if catastrophe strikes! We promise to find the RIGHT cover for your rental property business.
Fill out the form below and a member of our specialist team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.*
*while we offer out-of-hours claims support, our team of expert insurance brokers work from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Call Us For a Quote
Get a quote for landlord insurance today
Fill out your details and a member of our team will contact you by phone to get a better understanding of your specific needs before finding the right price for your landlord insurance policy.